Last updated January 4, 2020
We are Lost in Ohio LLC (“Company”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us by filling out the form at https://lostinohio.com/contact or through the messaging function of any of our social media profiles.
What personal information we collect
We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, email, phone number, passwords and payment information. Additionally, some information – such as IP address and browser characteristics – may be collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Services expressing an interest in obtaining information about our products and services, when participating in activities on the Services or otherwise contacting us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
- Personal information provided by you: first name, last name, nickname, address, phone number, email address, and any other information voluntarily entered into contact forms or comments fields.
- Credentials: We collect passwords, password hints and similar security information used for authentication and account access when you create an account on our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser characteristics, operating system, referring URLs, location or other technical information. This information is needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and may also be used for internal analytics and reporting purposes.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for order fulfillment, customer service and other internal business purposes. We may also use your personal information as required to fulfill legal obligations, or otherwise with your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for our legitimate business interests, in the process of fulfilling an order you have placed, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications: We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences.
- To send administrative information to you: We may use your personal information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To fulfill and manage your orders: We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Services.
- To protect our Services: We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To respond to user inquiries/offers support to users: We may use your information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- For other business purposes: We may use your information for other business purposes, such as data analytics, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Services, products, marketing and your experience. We may use and store this information in aggregated and anonymized form so that it is not associated with individual end users and does not include personal information. We will not use identifiable personal information without your consent.
How we share your personal information
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: If you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Fulfillment of an order: If you have placed an order, we may share data with third parties only to the extend required to fulfill the order or provide related customer service.
- Legal obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, government requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
- Vital interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any persona and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Business transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
How long we keep your personal information
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How we secure your personal information
We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we possess. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Services is at your own risk. You should only access the Services within a secure environment.
Collecting information from minors
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 18, please contact us at https://lostinohio.com/contact.
Your privacy rights
In some regions you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal informtion, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you have any questions or comments about your privacy rights, you may contact us at https://lostinohio.com/contact.
California 1798.83 Compliance
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us at https://lostinohio.com/contact.
If you would at any time like to review or change your information in your account or terminate your account, you can log into your account and update or delete your user account, or contact us at https://lostinohio.com/contact.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will delete your account and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and/or comply with legal requirements.
Your privacy preferences
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us at https://lostinohio.com/contact. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we may still send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account.
Do not track
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us at https://lostinohio.com/contact.